Monday, October 08, 2007

Destination: Interbike Part 1

Interbike is the bike industries yearly product expo. It is held in Las Vegas at the end of September. It is at this expo that we get to see a lot of the new products for the upcoming season. On the front side of Interbike is the Dirt Demo. It is two days of test riding bikes and gear at Bootleg Canyon in Boulder City. On September 16th I climbed in my car to get some biking done on the way to Las Vegas. The first stop was Spearfish.

In Spearfish I met up w/ a friend of mine to do a bit of riding. We chose Crow Peak (pdf) which is a 3.5 mile climb on the outskirts of Spearfish. It is a fairly technical trial that goes up...and up. It does come down eventually. It could blow your socks off if you're not careful.



I should add that the trail does come back down. Depending on the bike you are riding. I rode the new Giant Trance XO which has 5" of travel. I think it took us about 20 minutes to get down. If you have a DH bike you might get down quicker. The trance handled it very well. The only advantage a DH bike has is going to be longer travel and slacker headtube to soak up the rough stuff. I was very impressed w/ the Mavic CrossMax ST wheels. Very light and very strong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home